I believe that there are a small group of women who hate men just for being men. I believe that the textbook definition of the word misandry fits that description. I believe there are bad things that happen to men. I believe those issues should be addressed. I do not believe that a fringe group of women who hate men can be blamed for those issues.
Misandry was a dead word until recently. A group of men who feared the progress of feminism revived the word and used it to undercut the movement. They like having the power being a man provides and they don’t want to lose that. So they created a movement, found a bunch of legitimate issues that affect men, and tried to blame women for those issues. They called this misandry. It’s like conservatives using buzzwords like “death panels” to make people fear health care. They let people assume it meant Obama wanted to kill your grandma. They let their cute little phrase infect the minds of good people and convince them of falsehoods.
People are telling me that men cannot report rape without getting laughed at. They say this is misandry. It is the fault of women who hate men. But that just doesn’t make any sense to me. When I seek a logical explanation, it seems more likely that this is because men are supposed to be strong and women are supposed to be weak. And rape has been viewed as something that happens mostly to women. So if it does happen to a man, they must be weak. How did this idea of men=strong and women=weak start? I’m pretty sure it wasn’t because of misandry. It is an ancient patriarchy collapsing in on itself.
Feminism is about fighting inequality. It’s about erasing the strong/weak perception ingrained into our society. Misandry, as the term is often used today, is about trying to blame women for anything bad that happens to men.
If you want to fight to fix issues that affect men, go for it. But I would really consider distancing yourself from this term. It is used to evangelize folks into a movement that is very problematic. A group that can’t handle scrutiny of their comic books and video games, so they send death and rape threats. A group that calls women sluts and think they ask for rape if they show too much cleavage. Those are the people who coined this term, and you should want nothing to do with them or their language.
- everything you need to know about pixel art and how to start (best one so far)
- pixel art, what is it?
- an introduction to pixel art by richard janes
- 2D will never die’s tutorials page
- ultrashock’s pixel art tutorials: part i | part ii | part iii | part iv
- wikihow’s become a pixel artist
- great list of 30 tutorials
- create a 3D characters from pixel art
the big list of pixel art tutorials by pixelprospector
pixel art tutorials
- HUGE Collection of Pixel Art Tutorials (pixeljoint)
- Pixel Art Tutorials (Derek Yu)
- Pixel Art Tutorial (Natomic / Mark)
- Big Collection of Pixel Art Tutorials (Gas 13)
- Pixel Art (drbubu)
- Pixel Tutorial (Final Boss Blues)
- Pixel Art Tutorials (deviantART)
- More Pixel Art Tutorials (TIGSource Forums)
- Even More Pixel Art Tutorials (Pixel-Zone / Some dead links…)
- Learning Pixel Art (Black Golem)
- A Beginner’s Guide To Spriting (TIGSource Forums)
- 2D Tile Art Basics (Flash Game Dojo)pixel art inspiration
- HUGE collection of Pixel Art, Mockups and more from TIGSource forums!!
- Tzigla (a place for collaborative pixelated drawings in 100×100 pixel squares)
- Pixel Art Guild (site that features Pixel Art)
- Pixel Art Mega Thread (Something Awful Forums)
- Pixel Art Rebirth In Digital Animations (Game Comments)
- Hall of Fame for Games Featuring Outstanding Pixel Art (TIGSource Forums)pixel art forumsfreelance guide
- Pixel Art Freelance Guide (Adam “Atomic” Saltsman)graphic style analysis
- Graphic Style Analysis – Part I (Black Golem)
- Graphic Style Analysis – Part II (Black Golem)
- Graphic Style Analysis – Part III (Black Golem)tutorials about glowy graphics
I’m gonna give this a proper looking through.
For all my followers but, mostly myself.
Some of the acting is better than the film deserves. Make that all of the acting. Actually, the film stock itself is better than the film deserves. You know when sometimes a film catches fire inside a projector? If it happened with this one, I suspect the audience might cheer.
I would like to take a moment, dear reader, and meditate on the fact that Kickstarter has allowed the funding of a new Torment game, and allows the men behind it to literally laugh at the idea of microtransactions being needed to fund the game.
Ben Kuchera, Penny Arcade Report
Fucking HAL: The Momentarily Terrifying
Waking from a deep sleep, 11,000m above the Pacific Ocean, and seeing the below image on the screen in front of you.
It took me the best part of one terror filled second to remember I’d selected 2001: A Space Odyssey as my in-flight movie.